The Healing Power of Laser: A Minimally Invasive Approach to Care
Laser gum disease treatment is changing how patients receive periodontal care. It provides a more conservative approach to treating gum disease, without the collateral effects experienced by traditional surgical procedures. At Council Oak Periodontics and Dental Implants, we are proud to improve the periodontal health of our patients with minimally invasive laser gum disease treatment. We trust the clinically proven ability of the LANAP® laser protocol. Backed by science, LANAP laser gum disease treatment utilizes the highly specific PerioLase® MVP-7™ advanced dental laser to eradicate active infection and arrest the harmful process of gum disease.
The LANAP Laser Gum Disease Treatment Process
A revolutionary tissue regeneration procedure, LANAP laser gum disease treatment, specifically targets areas of infection at the bottom of deep periodontal pockets for a no-cut, no-sew alternative to conventional treatment. Because surrounding tissue is left unharmed, the mouth recovers more quickly, letting you get back to enjoying your smile in no time.
- Laser is directed below the gum line, into periodontal pockets.
- Harmful bacteria are destroyed and infected tissue vaporized.
- Plaque and tartar deposits are removed from roots with specialized instruments.
- Laser is used to create a blood clot, which protects the treatment area during healing.
- Bite is adjusted, if necessary.
- Healing phase begins almost immediately.
Advantages of LANAP Laser Gum Disease Treatment
- Minimally invasive procedure
- No incisions or sutures
- Reduces need for anesthetic
- Minimizes bleeding and swelling
- Speeds up recovery time
- Faster, more natural healing response
- Encourages regeneration of bone and gum tissue
- Helps save teeth
- Performed in one to two visits
Experienced, Compassionate Laser Gum Disease Treatment
As a board certified periodontist, Dr. Bingham has extensive expertise in diagnosing gum disease and identifying the best method of treatment for each patient. An expert in periodontal care, Dr. Christopher Bingham offers traditional surgery and compassionate and advanced laser gum disease treatment. He and our team customize treatment according to your individual periodontal concerns and work closely with you and your referring dentist to ensure a comfortable, comprehensive return to oral health. Contact us for more on our laser gum disease treatment.